- Program Director: Jennifer Hayman, MD | Jennifer.email@example.com
- Program Administrator: Madi Brooks | Madeline.Brooks@mainehealth.org
- Teaching Format: Bedside teaching, Skills Assessment, Didactic, Feedback and Evaluation
- Learner Type: Third Year Medical Students, primarily Tufts with occasional University of New England students
- Estimated Time Commitment: Varies by Clerkship and overall time commitment can typically be altered to meet your availability
- Time of Year: March – February
Maine Medical Center offers core clerkships, as part of the traditional block educational model, during the third year of medical school which are the critical component of the third year clinical training. Core clerkships consist of eight weeks each of internal medicine and surgery, and six weeks each of family medicine, obstetrics-gynecology, pediatrics, and psychiatry. These immersive experiences expand clinical knowledge and strengthen clinical skills and reasoning, positioning students for success in their first year of postgraduate training.
Students spend several days, or more, per week with clerkship preceptors seeing patients, while receiving direct observation and individualized feedback from their preceptors. If you are interested in precepting third year clerkship students in the block model, please contact Dr. Hayman.